Reddit today announced that in 2014 it served an impressive 82.54 billion pageviews in over 88,700 active subreddits. The company also shared that it saw 73.15 million submissions, received 725.85 million comments, and enjoyed over 6.89 billion total votes during the year.
Using 2014’s figures, we can see that pageviews were up 15.85 percent year-over-year from 71.25 billion pageviews. Submissions and comments were also up from 54.9 million and 535 million, increases of 33.24 percent and 35.67 percent, respectively. This is impressive, especially given all the turmoil we saw at the site this year.
Reddit did not disclose the number of unique visitors it saw, a number it stopped sharing in 2014. We speculated last year that this could be because of slowed growth for that number, but regardless of the reason, the site is not interested in disclosing that number anymore.
In 2014, the number of votes took a big hit. In 2015, the total number of votes rebounded to 6.89 billion (it was 5.74 billion in 2014 and 6.7 billion in 2013).
Here is the full list of released stats for 2015:
- 82.54 billion pageviews
- 73.15 million submissions
- 725.85 million comments made by 8.7 million total authors and containing 19.36 billion words
- 6.89 billion upvotes
- 88,700 active subreddits 1
- 101 gildings on the top gilded post
- 100 gildings on the top gilded comment 2
- 327,800 total months of gold gifted by 97,500 redditors
- 285,375 RedditGifts exchange signups
- 1 million button pressers
- 1 pressiah
- 6,300 Reddit Live threads created
- 16,000 Reddit Live unique contributors
- 1.3 million Reddit Live updates posted
- 24.9 million Reddit Live pageviews
- Over $250,000 raised for earthquake victims in Nepal
- Nearly $772,000 raised for teachers through RedditGifts
- Over $72,000 raised for sick children through Extra Life
Another year, another slew of growth numbers for Reddit.
Oh, and one more note from the announcement: Reddit is finally capitalizing its own name. This tidbit was hidden in the label: “/r/theydidthemath, the ‘R’ is capitalized now, what a time to be alive.”
reddit is dead. Long live Reddit.